Monday, November 7, 2011

Grateful - Nov 5th

My brother got married a month ago to his girlfriend of 7 years, Rebecca.  One of the biggest perks of them waiting a bit of time to officially tie the knot is that I really got to know her well before they became husband and wife.  I actually met her back in Copenhagen, in what, 2003, when they literally first started dating.  She has been part of our family holidays for years, was at my wedding, and was there to celebrate the births of my kids.

It's one thing to watch your brother marry someone who in intelligent, who makes him happy, who is beautiful, and who you know will always be a good partner and teammate.  As a protective sister, that is the priority, and Rebecca definitely fulfills all those requirements and more.  But it's quite another to gain a sister whom you respect, you adore, and you laugh with.  And that is what I gained when Jeffrey married Rebecca.

So today, I am grateful:





No comments:

Post a Comment