Monday, November 14, 2011

Grateful - Nov 14th

One of our first stops in Arkansas this week was to visit the University of Arkansas, in Fayetteville.  About all I knew of the school was that their mascot was a Razorback (which turns out to be a rather fierce looking pig), and they are typically good at football.  Turns out they have a gorgeous campus that reminds me so much of my own alma mater - University of Wisconsin!  As we toured the campus, memories just flooded back - of beer and cards on the Terrace in the summer, watching the sailboats float by, of battling the cold and snow to climb Bascom Hill each morning for class, of late night library sessions at Helen C White, followed by midnight cocktail hours on the way home at the KK.  Sorority parties (AXO what a way to GO!), Humorology, crazy hard math classes, early morning physics and chem labs in my pajamas, trivial pursuit challenges on our patio on Langdon, sunbathing on the pier at Pi Phi, Den sodas, bar time, the Farmer's Market by the Capitol, Tutto Pasta, Jump Around, the gorgeous fall colors on Lake Shore Path....on my gosh the list goes on and on.

Being on a big University campus again, I was reminded of how amazing my college experience was, and not only did it lead to a great career for me, but it gave my lifelong memories.  Being a Badger, and spending 4 years at that great school, in a fabulous, beautiful city, has shaped me in so many ways.  I dream of my children attending Madison (although now Hayden would like to be a Razorback haha)!  It was fun to kind of un-earth some of the memories, and to day dream about what schools my kids might go to, and what wonderful things they'll choose to study!

For that reason, today I am grateful:





No comments:

Post a Comment