Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Texas Beach House

Hey all!  I am so behind that I am only now blogging about our beach vacation, even though it took place over a month ago!  I'm terrible, but it's been one of the busiest months on record!  And here is my dirty little secret - the only time I have to blog is once the kids go to bed, and Nate and I have recently discovered a little show called "Mad Men", which is currently streaming on Netflix, and we are sort of obsessed!  Which means blogging has taken a backseat haha.  I aim to get back in the action.  There have been so many fabulous and fun things occurring, it's a shame to let them fall victim to a(n) (incredibly addicting) television show :)

Anyway, last month we took the last of our family summer vacations.  We had taken trips with friends in the past, but this was on a whole different scale.  Nine families under one roof!  This translates to 16 toddlers, 2 infants, and 18 adults. 


I know this would intimidate even the most saavy traveler, but honestly, it was great!  We had the best time celebrating Hayden's 4th birthday, along with 3 of his best friends, and the kids did wonderfully at the beach.  Pierce was a bit timid, but Hayden was wading out as far as his little legs would take him, and Ruthie was delighted with the sand and surf at the shore.

Birthday time!  What little boys don't like pirates?  It was the perfect setting, and everyone had a blast.  All the moms really pulled out all the stops and we had the cutest decorations and food.  Love these boys!

I couldn't help but post this one below.  We wanted a shot of all 4 birthday boys on the deck in their pirate gear, but Jack, for some reason, just was not into the situation haha.  Perhaps a little tired, who knows!  But I love the faces of the boys!  I took these shots in quick succession, and it captures Jack crying, and the other 3 boys looking on in confusion and consternation.  I'm sorry, but it's just funny.  I can just read their thoughts - "why is my buddy crying and it's our birthday party?!?"  Luckily he recovered quickly and I think had a pretty good time :)


And of course the adults had an amazing time once the kids went to bed (which was remarkably early considering the circumstances).  There was only one door out of the house, onto a deck, and we always had it covered by at least 2 adults, so everyone else could enjoy the beach at night, without fear of any children sneaking out or getting in harm's way.  Nate's family has come up with a game called "glow stick golf", which is pretty self-explanatory, and which we shared with our group of friends.  I sat the game out while I waited for our kids to fall asleep, and got some fun shots of the glow sticks flying through the air as they played.  We also enjoyed some night-time surf fishing, and just all in all had a great time with our best friends.  Can't wait to do it again, and I hope we make it an annual tradition!








No comments:

Post a Comment