Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grand Cayman Island

So last week my mom, Ruthie, and I traveled to the most lovely little gem of the Caribbean; a little place called Paradise Grand Cayman Island.  For the past 3 years I have been working on building a storm surge model for 3 nations in the Caribbean - the Bahamas, the Turks and Caicos, and the Caymans.  Finally, my boss and I decided it would be beneficial for me to travel to these places, so I can get a lay of the land, and speak more knowledgeably with our clients about the geography and population distribution, etc, on the island.  Because of it's westernized culture and relatively wealthy, insured populace, Grand Cayman was a good starting point from a business perspective.  No one had to ask me twice haha, my tickets were booked asap!

Because I'm still nursing, I decided to bring Ruthie along rather than try to pump for days on end, and risk drying it up, etc.  Plus, I can't bear to be separated from her yet!  I flew my mom along as well, so she could help me care for Ruthie while I was working.  As it turned out, my mom enjoyed driving around the island with me, exploring, and we had so much fun discovering fun little spots for meals and cocktails, and tucked away little beaches.  I really accomplished a lot from a work perspective, and I LOVED my time with my girls!





No comments:

Post a Comment