Saturday, August 20, 2011

Six Months Old!



My little beauty is officially 6 months old.  To celebrate her newfound status, she woke up with her first tooth on August 16th!  How fitting for my big girl.  The second bottom tooth is not far behind, and is giving her some trouble, so I hope it pops through soon.  Aside from getting new teeth, Ruthie is starting to gather speed with all of her milestones!  After our vacation to the beach house with her 8 month old friend Nolan, she picked up his habit of clapping (which is my FAV milestone ever), and she is also starting to really sit up on her own with ease.  She is a little rolly polly and I constantly find her in places other than where I put her down, however she is not yet pushing up onto her knees, so I expect we still have a few months before she officially takes off crawling (no complaints there).  Although we have slowly started to introduce some "real" foods to her, she just thinks it's hysterical and blows bubbles and ends up spitting half her meal onto me.  So I am taking a little hiatus from table foods, and sticking with nursing for now haha.  We'll try again in a few weeks.  And verbally...well...she's taking after her brothers.  She is NOT a quiet baby, and frequently squeals (usually with delight) at the top of her lungs.  Clearly she does not want to be outdone by Pierce.  But all in all, she is a smiley, happy, perfect little thing!  I'm so thankful to have a daughter who is growing so healthy and big.
Here is a photo college of all three of my little ones right around their 6 month mark.  I think they look incredibly similar, and Ruthie definitely shares traits with both of her brothers.  They are all so cute!





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love them all! It's amazing to me that I've known all of them from this age on. I can't believe little Ruthie is 6 months already, but she is such a fun, sweet little girl! Happy half birthday, Ruthie!!!

    ReplyDelete