Thursday, January 27, 2011

Texas Seasons


So two weeks ago, it was a winter wonderland in Texas!  Although Nate and I claim to miss our wintry upbringings in Wisconsin and Colorado, we really haven't been suffering too badly since it's snowed heavily at least once a winter since we've lived here.  I'm so thankful that the boys have grown up at least seeing snow a bit, and being able to bundle up and throw snowballs and make snowmen.  I'm also incredibly thankful that it only happens about once a year haha!  Here are some photos from our most recent snowfall.  Hayden LOVED it!

   

Pierce did not :)


Snow angels.  Not to be confused with grass angels or wood chip angels, which are more commonplace here :)



The only two photos I have of Pierce smiling.  The rest of the time he was panicking about the fact that he apparently couldn't move in the 1 inch of snow.  I also love the Texas snow photo with the pool in the background!  Classic.

   

By contrast, today was 72 and sunny!  A mere few weeks later.  And still January.  Amazing.  I have to say while I appreciate the joys of snowfall, I much prefer the balmy winter days that allow us to spend time outside in the fresh air.  We broke out the picnic table for an afternoon snack, followed by sandbox time, sidewalk chalk, the water table, racing cars down the slide, and some backyard golf.  We wrapped the afternoon up just hanging out in patio chairs, taking goofy photos with my camera phone and sending them to daddy, and just chit chatting and watching airplanes fly over.  Just what we all needed!

   

   

Look at that swing!

   

   

Whatever the weather, I'm having fun here with my little men :)





No comments:

Post a Comment