Friday, January 28, 2011

Superbowl and Baby


Or maybe a Superbowl baby?!  Haha wishful thinking, since she's not due for 3 more weeks....

So after an awesome season of football, our hometown Packers are Superbowl bound!  And bound for our home city of Dallas!  Too bad tickets are something crazy like $2500 at a mimimum, that is of course unless you are willing to pay $200 to stand in the parking lot?!  Crazy but true.  Despite that enticing offer from Jerry Jones, we plan to watch the game from the comfort of my parent's house, decked out in our green and gold (my classic t-shirt is looking more and more like a bikini top as my stomach becomes bigger and bigger....lovely visual I know).  When we were home in Wisconsin this fall, I splurged on two Packers sweatsuits for the boys that have become Sunday staples in our household.  The boys are actually enthusiastic little supporters of the Pack, and Hayden insists on wearing this outfit when they play, so I have to make sure to keep up with the laundry :)  Pierce just yells "GO PACKERS" at the TV the whole time they play, while Hayden is genuinely interested in the rules of the game, and will just sit with Poppy and ask question after question, which thrills his grandfather, who is enjoying raising a little football fan.  Sharing this season of the Packers heading to the Superbowl has been really special for my family, and I wish them TONS of luck next weekend!

   

As much as I'd like to have my little daughter here, cheering on the Packers in a green and gold cheerleading uniform, she still has a few more weeks to grow.  I'm just hitting 37 weeks, and have started getting really anxious about all things baby related.  I've had two beautiful showers this month put on by several friends, which were so much fun!  Not only it is a gift to have friends who are so eager to welcome my little girl, but it's also fabulous to have closets and drawers stocked with clothes and necessities for her arrival.  I really need very little at this point, except a baby girl to hold in my arms.

I'm down to weekly visits with my midwives, and at my last appointment I got a list with everything I need to bring with me to the birth center on her birth day.  The list, not surprisingly, is very similar to what you would bring to a hospital, but it's more customized to making you and baby comfy - in your own clothes, blankets and with your own food and snacks.  So I've begun to pack both Ruthie and I, and seeing that little pink bag in her room, full of clothes, blankets, diapers, and of course bows, makes it feel more real!  We washed all of her newborn sized clothing, and both Nate and I commented on how fun it was to fold the soft little pink and purple onesies and blankets.  Such a change for our household!

Baby seems to be in a perfect spot; head down deep, and rotated into such a position that should ensure a safe and painless delivery.  Ok that second part is probably not true but it is what I tell myself, so I thought I'd tell you all too haha.  I am already starting to progress in terms of dilating and effacing, so all these contractions I've been having recently are actually doing something!  So really, since I'm technically full-term, it could be any day now.  However, since I have gone full-term (or post dates) with both boys, there is absolutely no reason to suspect I would have this little girl early.  So I'm not holding my breath on that.

Here are us girls at 37 weeks pregnant!  Hitting the homestretch.  I know, scary huge and low.


And here is the most beautiful flannel quilt that my mom made for her grand-daughter.  It was such a simple and sweet surprise, and I just know it will be her favorite and most treasured blanket!!





No comments:

Post a Comment