Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Baby is THREE!


  

  

Well Hayden is officially three.  And that means BIG changes.  Three year olds HAVE to get dressed by themselves.  This is the biggest visible change in our household since August 4th has come and gone.  And this guideline certainly wasn't imposed by overly strict mom and dad, but instead is something that Hayden insists on!  Each morning he takes his jammies off and puts them in the hamper, picks out his own outfit and undies, and painstakingly puts on each piece of clothing, with NO HELP from anyone.  Even if this means backward pants and shirts, and 20 minutes of playtime he'll never get back, it still is so awesome to see him be independent, and continue to grow into a big boy.  And remember, in Hayden's own words, "No don't help me mommy, three year olds can dress themselves!".  Noted :)

On a more serious note, where has the time gone?  My precious baby boy came into the world on a balmy summer evening, at a hospital in Walnut Creek, California, after about 15 hours of labor.  He was gorgeous, and pink, and chubby, right from the start!  For the past three years, he has brightened my days, and provided me with seemingly endless hugs, kisses, snuggles, funny stories, smiles and LOVE.  The kind of love I never ever believed existed before he was born into this world. 

Hayden is charming, and extremely sensitive and intuitive.  Thankfully, he is such a happy little guy, and just enjoys the world around him, just like his dad and I.  At three years old, he is super smart, and says and does things that I never imagined a three year would be capable of.  His power of observation is strong, and you only have to show him something once, and he can remember it, and do it all on his own.  Some of his favorite things are his Cars character cars, his airplanes, his doggies and kitty, swimming in the pool, flying on airplanes, and playing the Wii.  He's busy, lively, energetic, and just FULL of life and spunk.  He makes my world go round!

Happy Third Birthday Hayden!  I love you SO much.

******************************************************************************************************************

Here are some photos from his actual birthday.  I started the day with a tradition that my parents started with Jeff and I when we were little.  Mom used to crepe paper our bedroom doors, so when we woke up we would have to burst through the streamers.  It sounds silly, but we were still enjoying this tradition in elementary school!  So of course, with Hayden being old enough this year, I decided to start it up.  Funnily enough, after I got done decorating the door at about 7 am, Pierce decided to wake up and was just crying away in there lol.  I kept waiting for Hayden to wake up from the crying, but after about 5 minutes I realized it wasn't going to happen.  So I had to dismantle my doorway streamers partly, dunk in there to grab PJ, and then we waited about another hour for big brother to wake up haha.  At first he was disoriented, and when I told him to come through, he immediately (smarty pants), crawled UNDER the streamers lol.  Luckily I got him to re-think his plan and he ran few couple more times, completely tearing everything done.  SO CUTE!

   


We spent the morning opening and playing with his gifts.  He didn't like them or anything :)

   

   

Then we met some friends at the Dallas World Aquarium - his own idea!  Of course Hayden had a BALL, and was particularly intrigued with the shark tunnel, and I was surprised with how much Pierce enjoyed himself!  He just ran from exhibit to exhibit with a HUGE smile - adorable.





We finished out the night with our standard dinner with Grammy and Poppy at our favorite Mexican restaurants, Christina's (again Hayden picked it - he loves their tortillas!).  It was a birthday to remember!!


And this Pierce, if you couldn't tell :)





No comments:

Post a Comment