Thursday, July 12, 2007

38 weeks - Getting So Close (and HUGE!)

We had our 38 week appointment today and everything looked GREAT. The baby is still head down, and his heartbeat sounded good. My health is still doing well, although the daily discomforts continue to mount :) We found out today that I am already 1+ cm dilated. That doesn't really mean much in terms of when I'll go into labor, but it's nice to know that my body is doing what it is supposed to. Ever since my appointment today I've been having lots of dull hip and back pain, and quite frequent, but painless, contractions. I may just be wishful thinking, but it's hard to imagine going late when I have all these signs of impending labor. I suppose this is how every 38 week pregnant woman feels though! We are all convinced we'll go early :)

No comments:

Post a Comment