Monday, October 31, 2011

Superheroes and Peacocks!





Happy Halloween everyone!  We just returned home from our first night of trick-or-treating ever!  We usually only do the "Monster Mile" in our neighborhood, but this year we ventured out for the real deal.  It was a blast and certainly the start of a Halloween tradition.  We even got to hitch a ride with the neighbors in their golf cart :)  The boys called it a "go-kart" lol.  They got a serious candy stash, which I of course have been digging into!  Fun times.

While it has been fun to watch my superheroes run about the house for the past month in their costumes, flexing their muscles, and attempting to scare their sister, I do have to admit that I FULLY enjoyed indulging my girly, crafty, accessorizing side with Ruthie.  For one of our parties I made a little poodle skirt, and dressed her as "Sandy" from Grease, which was appropriate, since her main squeeze Nolan went as Danny. It was fun to just plan that costume down to the tiny details of ruffled bobby socks, a silk bow tied around her neck, and the poodle silhouette.  Then for the other events, she wore the most beautiful little peacock outfit that Linda got her from Gymboree.  Sadly, it didn't come with a head piece, which meant that I had to make one!  It was fancy :)  She looked cute.  

The Halloween festivities have capped off a month of fun pumpkin patches and fall activities.  I've always LOVED October in Texas, and this year was no exception.  Life is precious, and this year especially, I am not sweating the small stuff - the little annoyances and fights and messiness and crabbiness.  I'm soaking up these three healthy, amazing kids of mine, and am ever thankful for all of my blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment