Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day everyone!  This year I was tripley blessed on this special day with my three little lovelies.  They put their heads together (with a little help from daddy) and made me the most special poster board complete with fingers paints, footprints, and a totally personalized poem ala Nate.  It was FABULOUS and the most perfect gift I could ever have imagined.  I can't wait to frame it and put it up in a special place in the house so I can remember how loved I am. 

The day was also a chance to tell my mother how much I care for her, and how much I appreciate all of the wonderful things she does for me all year long.  She is my best friend, and the most loving grandmother, who throws herself into everything she does with my kids.  I'm so thankful for her company and I never forget for one second how lucky I am to have her.  The boys were excited to make something for her to share their love, so Pierce and I picked out some beads at Hobby Lobby while Hayden was at school, and then while Pierce napped, Hayden actually constructed a bracelet.  Pierce had picked these cute, multi-colored butterflies, and Hayden created a perfect little pattern all on his own (I was determined not to intervene and let him use his own creativity).  It turned out just adorable, and I'm pretty sure grammy will wear it every day :)

Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to hug my mother in law in person, to wish her a happy day, but I love her to bits as well, and consider her not only an in-law, but a true friend, and someone who raised a wonderful son.  The boys and I picked out some of our favorite family photos to make a little flip book for her, and I sewed her a knitting needle roll-up that I hope will come in handy.  She is such a talented knitter, as many of you will know from all the cute winter hats my boys have sported through the years!

So all in all, it was a great mother's day!  Love my mamas, and love being a mama!  Best thing in the world :)

So my little lady is growing in leaps and bounds.  I took her a check-up yesterday and she weighs in at a curvy 14 lbs, and 24 1/2 inches long.  This puts her right up in the 90th percentile (no surprise there!).  Our doctor described her as "perfect", and said she was actually hitting all of her 4 month old milestones already - like holding her head up, being able to support herself standing, making great eye contact and following sounds, etc.  She truely is a healthy, happy, sweet little thing.  I have so much love for her, and she is literally nothing but a pleasure.  In fact, she had a few shots at her appointment, and I can say for a fact that yesterday was the worst day of her little life.  The injection site on her leg must have hurt terribly, because she was inconsolable for about 30 minutes until the tylenol kicked in.  It absolutely broke my heart, but it also reminded me how lucky I am that this was the first time EVER that I couldn't immediately quiet her down simply with nursing or holding her.  She is perfection and I LOVE her :)


Here is a collage of all my little babes at ~ 3 months old.  Can you figure out who is who??




No comments:

Post a Comment