Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's A Boy!

Yep - my intuition was all wrong, and Hayden will have a baby brother come April :)  We had our ultrasound on Tuesday and there was absolutely no mistaking our baby for a boy.  In fact, I said it before the ultrasound technician even could.  We managed to obtain a standard "boy parts" photo like we have for Hayden and we'll post it below.  Talk about embarrassing our kids before they are even born!  Nate and I are thrilled to be welcoming another adorable little boy to the family and I just know Hayden and our new little one will be best of friends.  In addition to being a boy, the baby looked totally healthy and he was wiggling all around for our viewing pleasure.  From the snapshots we got it looks like he might be long and lanky like Nate and Hayden, but of course it's hard to tell at this stage.  Yay - a house full of cute boys!  Lucky me :)

The other exciting news is that Hayden, myself and my mom are London bound this evening.  His first overseas trip!  The passport was a HUGE ordeal but luckily it is finally in my possession.  They did not finish it on time to mail it (despite many urgent phone calls and admittedly some tears), so my dad was super generous and drove down to Houston with me to try to get it in person from the Houston Passport Agency.  So we drove about 4 1/2 hours each way yesterday and got extremely lucky because they had JUST completed his passport about 10 minutes before we arrived and they were able to hand it right over.  Talk about relief.  So it was a long day, but worth it to be able to depart on time with no worries.  We depart tonight at 7:30 and it looks like the plane is pretty empty so hopefully we can stretch out to sleep.  We'll arrive tomorrow morning and have the whole weekend to spend with my brother and his girlfriend Rebecca.  They've rented a car for Saturday so we can explore outside of London a bit, and Leed's Castle and the Cliffs of Dover are on the itinerary.  Then on Sunday we intend to do the standard London sights like a Thames River cruise, the London Eye and Westminster Abbey.  I will be working then next week and grammy will be on her own with the little dude, so they should have fun exploring.

I'll leave you with some photos of baby boy #2, as well as some photos of a family hike we took up in Oklahoma this past weekend.  It was gorgeous and so surprising to have a great hiking destination only an hour from our doorstep.  There were trees, topography, and water for the dogs, so we were happy :)





  

  






No comments:

Post a Comment