Saturday, November 8, 2008

Haircut!

  

Well Hayden got his 3rd haircut on Wednesday afternoon!  It was much needed - his long hair seemed to be a magnet for cottage cheese and mandarin orange chunks, and it seemed like there were always tufts sticking out here and there, especially around his ears.  It was just time for a change!  He was a little more nervous during this haircut compared to the others, but luckily his grammy was there to hold his hand, so it all went fine.  The result I think was well worth it - he looks so grown up!

Yesterday was also a big day because he lost his red leg finally!  Woo hoo.  We got to the doctor and immediately they took the cast off.  They used this kind of hand saw that looks like a pizza cutter sort of, but the blade vibrates instead of rotating so apparently it can't do harm to skin.  I had my doubts, and apparently so did Hayden because he cried through the whole experience.  But it came off with ease and he was off and running almost immediately, with no limp or hesitation.  They took x-rays then and decided it was right on target with healing, but they are taking precautions and he has to wear a little black boot called the "wee walker" for the next two weeks.  It's removable though so he can take baths and sleep without it, and it doesn't come up as high so he has full use of his knee again.  He seems so happy, and it was just wonderful to be able to plop him in a warm bath.  He loved it!

The only stressful news of the week is that Hayden's passport has not yet arrived and we leave in 6 days for London :(  I submitted his paperwork about 3 1/2 weeks ago and the passport person at the post office advised me not to bother paying the extra money to expedite since it was taking two weeks tops to process passports currently.  Well I unfortunately listened to her, and now we are completely down to the wire and there is no passport.  I've been calling for updates all week, and yesterday they told me I might want to head down to Houston to pick it up in person.  Apparently they didn't realize that Houston is a 4 1/2 hour drive or a $250 flight.  I paid the money yesterday to have it expedited and fedexed overnight, so we'll see.  I'm mad at myself for not just heeding the official passport processing times, and listening to someone with no real authority on the matter.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed and if worst comes to worst I will be making a trip to Houston next week....





No comments:

Post a Comment