Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Plane Trips

Taking off from DFW on the way to Ohio to visit his grandparents!

Well Hayden has taken his 5th plane trip in 6 months ;) He is a seasoned traveler, but believe me, it gets harder EVERY time to travel. It seems like the gear has doubled for some reason and it takes me a full 30 minutes to get through security, plus he is so squirmy and wants to stand on my lap the entire flight and he wiggles around to get a good view of everyone around us. No more naps...no more quietly laying in my arms. Those days are GONE :) And now he has decided to start screaming in delight - at the top of his lungs! I don't know exactly how to deal with this when he is only 6 months old. Do I tell him "use your inside voice" as one of my friends who is the mother of a 7 month old recommended (how on earth could a 6 month old comprehend this???), or should I just let him have at it because he is obviously really enjoying himself? I don't know how much everyone else on the plane enjoyed it though!? We won't be taking another plane trip until at least April I think, so we have some time to work on "no".

We had a great time in Ohio, and Hayden is getting so close to crawling after practicing all weekend with his grandparents :) There was a plant in the corner of the living room that he was particularly drawn to, and that really seemed to encourage him to be mobile. He will get up on all fours and just rock back and forth, but he can't seem to get the concept of moving his arms and legs. Close though I think! We also watched the Badger game in some new gear he got as a gift, and did some shopping and dining. Now we are home and we are trying to re-establish his routine and get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment