Monday, March 21, 2011

Practicing for Summer

Oh how I LOVE spring in Texas! The weather is fabulous, in the 70's and 80's, the sun is out, and all the buds are popping out on the trees. Even the bluebonnets have made their appearance, much to our pleasure. My mood is immediately lifted when I can walk out the front door without a jacket on, and bask in the glow of the sun without melting or experiencing heat stroke. It's the perfect time of year!

To celebrate the great weather, we decided to gently heat my parents spa, and take a dip with the boys yesterday. I wanted to see if Hayden would regain all his fishy skills, and if Pierce would be a little more enjoyable around the water this year. To prepare for the partay, we purchased some new goggles, and let the boys each pick out a pair. They were quite a novelty as you'll notice in the photos. Lots of giggles and fun, although I don't think Pierce ever actually put his head under water to make use of them!

Hayden was immediately at home in the water, and started diving down to recover swim toys with skill. I was very proud of him. Pierce was extremely timid at first, and just stood stock still on the bench, but before long he was splashing around and playing with the toy boats. It took some coaxing to get him to venture out into the middle deeper part, but once he did, he was super cute as we encouraged him to "kick, kick, kick", and after that, he kept requesting to swim. While he never let go of our hands, I still felt like it was a good first swim of the season, and I have no doubt that he will be following in his brothers footsteps before long.

And let me just say, while it wasn't fun to put on a swimsuit one month after giving birth, it was AMAZINGLY fun to get in the hottub again, and just enjoy the sun and the warm breezes, and to see my boys just laugh and splash and wear themselves out. I can't wait now for summer! Ok ok maybe that is an over-statement. I'll enjoy the spring while I can :)




1 comment:

  1. This makes me wish for summer...and I don't even like summer! haha Love the pictures! I can't wait for our neighborhood pool to open now.

    ReplyDelete