Monday, August 18, 2008

Not a Flashback!



Well.....baby #2 is on the way!  Nate and I started trying in June, because we wanted to have children close in age.  Well, it didn't take long!  I took a pregnancy test on July 27th and it was positive.  Nate was out of town at the time, and it took ALL of my willpower to keep the secret until he flew home for the weekend.  I bought a plain white t-shirt for Hayden and ironed on the words "BIG BRO" in bold green letters.  When we met at the airport, Nathan immediately scooped Hayden up out of stroller for a hug and a kiss, and then noticed his shirt.  He just looked at me with these big, hopeful, teary eyes and I said "yes it's true!".  He was shocked because we thought for various reasons that it was not going to happen that month.  We've been enjoying the news ever since and are so thankful for our beautiful little boy, and his new little brother or sister on the way!

I had my first ultrasound today, and we confirmed that I am due April 6th (which makes me about 7 weeks along).  I was able to see the heartbeat very clearly, and we could even hear it when the turned the sound on.  What a reassuring sound!  So it finally feels real, and I feel comfortable sharing the news with the world.  We are hoping and praying for a healthy 9 months, and of course I am more than ready to be through the first trimester.  This little one is making me feel less than perfect, but it's worth it in the end for sure.  I will keep everyone posted on all the new developments with Hayden's new sibling :)  Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment