Friday, August 3, 2007

The Last Week

July 26th, 2007

As of Thursday afternoon - no signs of baby. He is just comfy and cozy in there! We go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon so we'll see if we've made any progress. I'm hoping not to go overdue since my mom and grandmother both delivered large babies, and simply because I am pretty uncomfortable. But I guess it's not up to me :)

July 27th, 2007

We had our 40 week check-up today. My doctor is pretty surprised to see me still pregnant - being that I am already 3 cm dilated and almost fully thinned out. This is apparently very rare for a first time mom, and she insists that this will make my labor shorter. I think she may just be trying to lift my spirits ;) She once again said she'd be surprised if we made it to our appointment next week, but I'm not holding my breath. This little man will come when he is ready!

July 31st, 2007

Still pregnant - and looking like Hayden will be an August baby. We are now 3 days overdue, and the man at the deli shop says he thinks I have another week. Believe me, when you are 40+ weeks pregnant, you don't want a strange man (aka the childbirth expert) telling you that you won't meet your baby for at least another week.....but anyway!

The good news is that it is Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, which is keeping us highly entertained in the evenings after our walks. I'll always remember if Hayden is born during Shark Week :)

I go back to the doctor on Thursday afternoon - please send prayers this way that I am in labor before then!!

Even Evi is bored and waiting!

August 3rd, 2007

We had our 41 week appointment yesterday and everything looks good. My doctor still insists that this baby will come on his own any day now. Since I am overdue they had me do a non-stress test (NST), where they use ultrasound to measure the fluid levels, and they monitor his heartrate. Everything looked just great, and we got to see his little elbows and knees and ribs on the ultrasound screen, which was fun. But he is very healthy in there, which helped put my mind at ease quite a bit.

If the baby doesn't come on his own, we will be induced on Wednesday, August 8th. This is a special date for me because it was my Grandma Sale's birthday. My doctor knows that I am not in favor of being induced, so she is letting me go as long as possible, and she is going to break my waters first instead of going directly to pitocin (a synthetic hormone that is used to cause contractions). I'm still hoping he will decide to come on his own before then!!

Thanks for continuing to read these updates - hopefully one of these days you will check in to find pictures of our new son :)

No comments:

Post a Comment