Wednesday, May 30, 2007

32 weeks

I had my 32 week check-up yesterday and everything went well. I am right on track with my weight gain, my blood pressure is nice and low, and the baby's heartbeat was ~150 bpm. My doctor thinks that he is breech right now which is only a little concerning. About 15% of babies are still breech at 32 weeks, however only 3-4% of babies stay this way all the way to term. It's likely he'll turn on his own sometime in the next month, so keep your fingers crossed!!

It's hard to imagine, but this little man is already 15+ inches long and almost 4 pounds!! In the past few months the rapid weight gain has been due to an increase in fat stores and muscle. The baby can move his head from side to side, however he is now taking up so much room that his movement should start to slowly decrease (although I haven't noticed any slowing down yet - he still feels like he is playing soccer in my womb!). That is why it's a bit concerning that he is still breech - because the room to turn is becoming limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment